There is an old saying that “those who can, do; and those who can’t, teach”. But there’s a select few who can do both: succeed in their business and honestly teach about how they attained that success. And one of those rarities are Frank Rolfe and Dave Reynolds, who are the 5th largest owners of mobile home parks in the U.S. Their portfolio is valued at nearly $1 billion, but it all started with just one mobile home park and now stands at over 250 parks in 28 states.
They began teaching about the industry as a hobby a decade ago. “At the time, there was no honest, credible material in the U.S. about mobile home parks, so we decided to write it” said Frank Rolfe. “We figured that the first step to becoming a mainstream asset class is to determine the baseline of how the business works that all lenders, owners and buyers can agree on”.
It must have made sense, because soon the entire industry was flocking to the writings and teachings of “Frank & Dave”. Even the New York Times attended their Mobile Home Park Investor’s Boot Camp and wrote a lengthy article on it, declaring that “Rolfe & Reynolds are the best thing going in affordable housing at a time when the nation’s need for low-cost places to live has never been greater”. To date, the Boot Camp has trained virtually every growing portfolio owner, first-time buyer, and even the heirs of the largest portfolios in the U.S. The class is constructed like a college course with both in-classroom and in-the-field sessions inside real mobile home parks. Attendees are shown the correct way to identify, evaluate, negotiate, perform due diligence on, re-negotiate, finance, turn-around and operate mobile home parks.
Here are Frank & Dave’s Top Five Things You Need To Know About Mobile Home Park “Experts”.
- Being an expert is 100% based on experience. If someone has not owned and operated at least 100 parks, then they have no factual information to share. “We have owned over 300 parks so far and we’re still learning new things” said Dave. “There are people out there who have owned a couple parks and hang out a shingle that they are a “guru”. Those people are frauds”.
- Experts have enough money from the parks they own that they do not need to offer expensive coaching or mentoring, nor should they try to sell you parks that they own. Yet that’s what 99% of these “gurus” do.
- Virtually every “guru” in the industry originally attended the Mobile Home Park Investor’s Boot Camp. That’s where they got the information that they now try to sell. Why not get it directly from the source for less money? Second hand information is often distorted.
- An expert should have so much information to share that it takes at least 30 hours of teaching to provide it. That’s how much you need to know to be a competent investor. How long is their class? The Mobile Home Park Investor’s Boot Camp takes 30 hours to complete, held over one immersion weekend.
- An expert should be found all over the internet. A simple Google search of their name should find them on everything from Wikipedia to hundreds of articles. Google up any mobile home park person on Wikipedia and see if they’re there. Frank & Dave both are.
Before you spend a dime with any person offering information on the mobile home park industry, do the necessary research. And once you’re done so, you’ll realize that the Mobile Home Park Investor’s Boot Camp is #1 in the U.S. for all the right reasons.